We are pretty sure, that those of you who live in Malta must have spotted this big yellow boat navigating through the Maltese waters by now. 🙂 It just sticks out….!!
It is more than just a big yellow boat however….It is a custom built catamaran designed by Graham Knott an English diver, boat builder, Cornwall avid wreck historian and the like…The Leymor is used as a dive boat catering to all types of diving, equipment, charters.
Some fun facts about the catamaran turned dive boat are:
- Brought over from the UK to Malta in the Summer of 2016
- First purpose built british diving catamaran to operate in the Maltese waters
- First dive boat in Malta with a Dive Lift
- She’s stable, comfortable and fast
- Large spacing both outdoors and indoors to place dive equipment comfortably
- 12 metres long
- Has twin 350HP Caterpillar Diesel engines giving a cruising speed of 20Knots and a top speed of 26Knots – even when fully loaded with divers and their equipment.
- With a sun deck up top as an added bonus
- Lastly coffee and tea are served on board, a microwave for heating up your food is also a plus and lavatories for everyone’s convenience