PADI Peak Performance Buoyancy Specialty
Scuba divers like to be neutrally buoyant so they neither sink nor float. It can be a tricky thing. Divers who've mastered the highest performance levels in buoyancy stand apart. You've seen them underwater.
They glide effortlessly, use less air and ascend, descend or hover, almost as if by thought. They interact gently with aquatic life and affect their surroundings minimally.
The PADI Peak Performance Buoyancy course refines the basic skills you learned as a PADI Open Water Diver and elevates them to the next level
The Fun Part
The fun part of this course is giving your dive skills a polish you may not have thought possible
What do I need to start?
- Have a PADI Open Water Diver certification (or have a qualifying certification from another organization)
- Minimum Age: 10 Years old
- Trim your scuba gear so you're perfectly balanced in the water
- Nuances in determining weight so you're not too light nor too heavy by even a slight degree
- How to streamline to save air and move smoothly through the water
- Hover effortlessly in both a vertical position and a horizontal position
How long will it take?
2 dives over one day
What will I need?
PADI Peak Performance Buoyancy video provides an overview of the skills you'll practice with your instructor.
Theory is Online eLearning
Divewise will introduce you to NEW and Better diving gear called a Backplate and Wing.
Gear is included in the full course price
Where can I go from here?
Part of mastering buoyancy control is learning how to use your BCD and weight system effectively, plus maintain streamlining.
This makes the PADI Equipment Specialist course a natural companion because you learn more about these pieces of gear and how to make them suit your specific diving styles.
Not sure this is what you want?
If you are looking for something else, then we have a full range of PADI Specialty Courses to choose from. If you are simply after a team that puts your diving needs first, check out the Dive Packages to let us take you diving in Malta.