Become a Divemaster
Lead Adventure as a PADI Divemaster.Are you someone who loves sharing stories about your dive adventures with everyone you know? Do you find yourself dreaming of your next dive – be it in your own backyard or at an exotic destination? Are you driven to be the best diver you can be by growing your diving knowledge and skillset? If you answered yes to any of these questions, then you should join the ranks of PADI® Divemaster.
What is a PADI Divemaster?
PADI Divemasters are divers just like you who have decided to take their diving to a professional level. There are many reasons why divers decide to pursue professional diver ratings:
To Lead Adventure
One of the top reasons divers earn their Divemaster rating is because they want to share their passion with others by helping introduce them to the wonders of the underwater world. PADI Divemasters are mentors and guides and lead the way to unparalleled amazement, wonder and beauty.
To Live the Dream
For many divers, the opportunity to make a living doing something they love is a driving factor in becoming a PADI Divemaster. Whether as a fulltime job working at an island resort or as a part-time certified assistant helping with local classes, the PADI Divemaster rating can lead the way to unlimited new experiences and opportunities.
To Dive Like a Pro
PADI Divemasters have to know their stuff. Through knowledge development sessions, waterskill exercises and workshops, and hands-on practical assessment, as a PADI Divemaster you not only develop the skills to organize and direct a variety of scuba diving activities, you hone your own personal skills and knowledge and become a role model other look up to.
What can I do as a PADI Divemaster?As a PADI Divemaster, you are a leader who mentors and motivates others. PADI Divemasters can …
- supervise diving activities and lead guided dives
- assist with scuba classes
- conduct dive briefings
- conduct refresher training through the PADI ReActivate® program
- conduct skin diver (advanced snorkeler) courses
- assist in Discover Scuba® Diving programs
- lead Discover Local Diving programs
- teach these non-diving PADI Specialty courses*:
- Equipment Specialist
- Coral Reef Conservation
- Project AWARE Specialist
- Digital Underwater Photographer
- Emergency Oxygen Provider
- pursue diving career opportunities both at home or abroad
- continue their professional development career by becoming a PADI Assistant Instructor or PADI Instructor
Divemasters also lead as PADI Torchbearers™ helping to light the way to a cleaner, healthier ocean.
How do I become a PADI Divemaster?Becoming a PADI Divemaster takes dedication, commitment and passion. To begin your Divemaster course, you will need to meet the following requirements:
- PADI Advanced Open Water Diver and Rescue Diver certified
- Minimum 18 years old
- 40 logged scuba dives
- Completed an Emergency First Response Primary and Secondary Care certification course (or qualifying course) within the past 24 months
- Medically cleared for diving by a physician within 12 months
- The role and characteristics of the PADI Divemaster
- Supervising dive activities and assisting with student divers
- Diver safety and risk management
- Divemaster conducted programs and specialized skills
- Business of diving and your career
- Awareness of the dive environment
- Dive setup and management
- Mapping an open water site
- Conducting dive briefings
- Organizing a search and recovery project and a deep dive
- Conducting PADI ReActivate and skin diver course
- Assisting with Discover Scuba Diving and leading Discover Local Diving programs
Are you ready to begin your journey to PADI Divemaster?
Contact us for private counselling and to help plan your next steps as a dive professional.
Your dream of becoming a PADI Divemaster starts today. Let us show you how!