PADI Digital Underwater Photographer Specialty
Digital Underwater Photographer Specialty is one of the most popular diving specialties, and the rise of digital underwater photography has made it easier and more fun than ever.
PADI Digital Underwater Photographer Specialty course gets you going quickly with today's modern digital equipment, whether you use a point-and-shoot snap camera or a sophisticated D-SLR like the pros. Thus, the Underwater Photographer course is a more traditional photography course designed for conventional film equipment.
What do I need to start?
Be a minimum of PADI Open Water Diver or Junior Open Water Diver certification (or qualifying certification from another organization) Minimum age: 10 years old
As Part of The Course You will Cover:
- How to choose the right underwater camera system for you
- The PADI SEA method for getting great shots quickly
- The three primary principles for good underwater photos
How long will it take?
Two Open Water Dives
- Basic photography tips
- Strobe diagrams for a variety of effects Tips for eliminating backscatter
- An explanation of the various digital file formats
- How to bring back the color in your images
What will I need?
Avoid the frustration of learning underwater photography through trial and error. Join the PADI Digital Underwater Photography course and get hints and tips from the pros.
Where can I go from here?
Two excellent specialties to pair with underwater photography are the PADI Enriched Air Diver course
, and the PADI Dry Suit Diver course
on your way to PADI Master Scuba Diver.