Apeks RK3 HD Fins
The Apeks RK3 HD Fins are a stiffer version of the popular RK3 Fins. Tougher material improves the performance of the fins so you can move through the water faster and small kicks will have a greater effect. Modelled from the trusted Military Rocket Fins The RK3 were designed in collaboration with public service divers who need a tough and reliable fin to do their duty in the harshest conditions.
Solid Rubber Design
The solid rubber design has no joints or hinges to split or break. The compact vented design has been standard issue fin for military, special ops, coast guard, and public safety divers for decades and is popular with professional divers around the world. Made for the most rugged environments the RK3 is great for technical divers for pure reliability and cave divers from their compact design and transportability.
Two Hanging Loops
Hanging loops make storage on pegs easy and transport with karabiners capable without having to customize the blade.
This improves efficiency by reducing the resistance on your ankle on the upstroke and enhances thrust on the downstroke by channelling water by eliminating vortices along the back of the blade.
- Based on one of the first vented rubber fins sold in North America and popular among military and professional divers.
- Compact, and ultra-rugged for use in harsh environments.
- Improved foot pocket with spring straps for ease of use with cold hands or thick gloves.
- The design has been the standard gear issue fin for military, special ops, coast guard, and public safety divers for decades.
- A short wide blade provides maximum forward thrust while maintaining great manoeuvrability.
- Vented blade design reduces resistance on the upstroke and enhances thrust on the downstroke.
- The vents also eliminate vortexes that can occur along the back of the blade much in the same way split fins eliminate the vortex.
- The blade material designed to hold up in the toughest environments, temperatures, and abuse.
- Two large grommet holes designed to fit most karabiners for easy storage of the fins while accessing the dive site.
- Spring straps as standard.
- Custom designed buckle holds spring straps in an optimum position.
Note: The HD version looks exactly the same as the regular version. The only defining feature is a small number 70 inside the foot pocket.
- Simple push pin design allows simple replacement of springs if necessary.